One looks into a number of things while investing in a house – the cost, the area, the surroundings and whether or not it is vastu-compliant. So what exactly is vastu shastra and how can it benefit the home that you live in?
Vastu Shastra is a traditional Hindu system of building which literally translates to the “science of architecture”. In fact, people across the world have now begun understanding the importance of this system in order to ensure a perfectly balanced home – a home that invites positive energies and helps keep out any negative energies.
Ensure healthy, happy and positive vibes for yourself and your family and if you’re looking to buy apartment,here are the following vastu benefits:
- Make sure the entrance of the house is located either towards the north or the north-east as it is the ideal direction for sunlight coming into the house. The house should have a good amount of natural light.
- The house should have a very good ventilation system. Therefore it is ideal for it to have either a north or an east-facing balcony.
- Bedrooms in a vastu-compliant home should be located in the south, south-west or the west. Any other direction might invite problems such as sleeplessness, anxiety and short-temperedness.
- The kitchen is said to be governed by the ‘Aagneya’ or the fire element and as such, it should be located in the south-east corner of a house.
- The location of the bathrooms in a house should be either in the southern or the south-west corner of the house, in order to ensure proper ventilation and an infection-free atmosphere
- A staircase in the middle of the house is not advisable as it would not only block the incoming sunlight but also make the house seem congested.
- The living room should be ideally located in the centre of the house so as to let the natural light come inside and ensure a positive environment.
Vastu Shastra can really enhance people’s knowledge and interest for spirituality as well. It can help people realize the quest for something deeper within them, life, death, etc. These are the three pillars that one has to rely on while trying to find out what their inner self should be.
You can use Vastu for better life with the people around you as well. Vastu promotes internal peace and calm and it can also promote cooperative relationship among the dwellers that live inside the structure.
Vastu, by evoking the five elements and providing a living space that is clean and clutter free, can also enhance your mental skills to a large extent. A house that is clutter free and bright is a sign of an enlightened mind. It can promote happiness and healthiness of the mind. It can also increase awareness of the mind and make sure that people feel alert throughout the day. Proper implementation of Vastu in the building keeps it the dwellers energetic the whole day long.
Apart from just deciding on the right house to buy, you can work towards making a vastu-compliant home by choosing the ideal placement of furniture in different rooms of the house. Not only that, it is best to refrain from using oddly shaped furniture – square and rectangular shaped furniture is a yes but triangular or circular shaped furniture is a no. You should also make sure that the furniture does not stick to the wall. There must be breathing space for the positive energies to flow smoothly.
It would be better for us to concentrate on the changing aspects of this contemporary world and accept new creative and innovative things rather than indulging with the things of the past which is hard to follow and who knows about its relevancy in the current atmosphere and environment. The only Vastu that is of prime importance in today’s India is to build earthquake resistant houses in the earthquake prone areas and cyclone resistant houses in cyclone prone areas. If only that abundant is finished, we’ll not solely be healthy, affluent and peaceful however additionally happy and content.