In big cities due to the population explosion and lack of space, apartment and flat culture was incredibly increased. Compared to Independent house culture apartment or flat culture is different. To reach the current society requirements, more land is being used for housing purposes and most of the developers are coming up with high rise apartments and skyscrapers. The time-honored truth is that Apartments won’t follow the Vastu Shastra principles. Even if few apartments follow we can’t expect the 100 percent Vastu.
Following the Vastu Shastra principles for each and every Apartment/Flat construction is not so easy. Here are the few Vastu Shastra tips for flat owners to follow to lead happy, successful and peaceful life and surely it will bring prosperity to the residents.
- According to Vastu Shastra, the land where the apartment/flat constructed should be rectangle or square shaped without slope downwards. It should not in be irregular form like hexagonal or triangle shape.
- Monitor the open space, there should not be any ponds near South and West direction from the apartment. A river, well, lake or canal should be in the North or East direction only.
- A flat having North, East or North-west entrance brings happiness to residents as per Vastu Shastra. Avoid flats having South, West, South-west and south east direction as it brings bad luck to the owners.
- Open courtyard in the center is prudent.
- Vastu Shastra tells that a bore well, pumps and lawns should be in a North-east direction.
- Avoid the apartments having balconies in South and West direction.
- Kitchens sited in the South-east, North-west direction and on the terrace are good as per Vastu.
- Colors are the game changer in Vastu Shastra. Apartments or flats painted in red, black or sky blue color are advisable to avoid.
- The apartment facing the dead end of the road will brings bad and good luck for the residents.
- Flat/Apartment extended in North east direction is accepted and avoid other directions.
- Avoid choosing flats/apartments with cuts in South-east and North-east direction.
- Vastu Shastra tells that Pooja room should be sited in North, East direction.
- Bathrooms should be in East or In between East and North-east direction, as per Vastu.
- While cooking the facing should be in East direction.
- Apartments where the bedrooms located in the southern side is preferable, Bedroom in the southern and western side should be used by sons, South-west by parents and North-west by daughters.
- Bathroom or toilet door should not face dining hall or kitchen.
- As per Vastu Shastra Guidelines, stair case should not be in the North east corner as it causes trouble to the residents
- Watchman cabin should not be in the Northeast corner of the entire building.
- Heavy construction should be in the south or west direction of the land, as per Vastu Shastra Guidelines.
- Avoid having big trees in east and north of the land
- Total number of Windows and Doors should be even numbered like 2,4…
- All the doors in the flat should open inside
- Worshipers should avoid south facing
In an existing flat there will be many defects; many can be corrected by measures and remedies and few can’t be corrected, so follow the appropriate Vastu Shastra before construction.