Home buyers nowadays, consider Vastu as a prominent factor, when they select a home. Often, people avoid projects or apartments that do not comply with Vastu norms. This is especially true during the festive period, which is considered as an auspicious time to buy a property. The real estate market witnesses fresh supply, offers and discounts during the festive period and in such a situation, it may be difficult for home buyers to figure out the Vastu Shastra factors that one should take into account, before finalising the deal.
“Vastu is the study of energy, with the aim of making our lives happy, energetic, successful and prosperous. If the energy is not balanced, it may cause dullness, sorrow, health problems, business problems, financial distress, etc.,” says Vikash Sethi, promoter and CEO, A2ZVastu.com.
“The five directions in Vastu denote the five elements (i.e. Panchtatva). Everything in this universe is constituted of either or all of these five elements. Vastu aims to bring a proper balance of these five elements. So, if the Vastu of a house is proper, it will have a positive impact in our life,” he explains.
Vastu tips for the festive home buying
Astro-numerologist Gauravv Mittal, points out that “Buying a house is a lifetime achievement for the common man. Some of the important basic points pertaining to Vastu, which need to be kept in mind while choosing a home (whether it is a row house or villa or flat) are:
- In case of a row house or villa, the important parameters to consider are the area of the plot, soil, negative energies, etc.
- The north/north-east side should be open and construction should be on the south/south-west side.
- Landscaping should be in such a way that the north/north-east quadrant should be low and the south-west quadrant should be higher.
- Try to buy a house, which has an entry from the north-east direction.
- The master bedroom should be in the south-west zone of the house.
- The kitchen should be in the south-east zone.
- The puja room should be in the north-east, east or north of the house.
- The north-west zone is ideal for the guest room or drawing room.
- The basement in a villa or row house, should be under the entire house or if it is partial, it should be in the north/north-east zone.”
Experts believe that keeping the house clean and painting it properly, is also part of Vastu.
If you keep the home clean, then, it helps the positive energy to spread all over the house. This is reflected in the age-old practice of cleaning the house during the festive season. Selling the scrap and getting rid of useless materials is a good practice, as it re-energises one’s home.
Tips to create positive energy during the festive season:
(Tips courtesy Vikash Sethi, promoter and CEO of A2ZVastu.com)